Sunday, October 5, 2014

Timmy's Tasty Homemade Granola

Howdy friends, recently I started making homemade yogurt, which was amazing BTW, and all my friends that tried it said, "I bet it'd be good with granola." So I scoured the internet looking for granola recipes. None suited me, so I combined several, added my own two cents, consulted my culinary genius neighbor Jessica, and made my own.

Wow, I can't believe how easy this was and how dang good it is. You'll have to make it daily because it disappears faster than David Copperfield.

Ingredients
1/3 cup dark Karo syrup
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup coconut oil

1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp sea salt

3 cups rolled oats

1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

1/2 cup shelled sunflower seeds
 (out of shell)
3/4 cup coconut flakes

1/4 cup flax seed
1 tsp cinnamon

Preparation
Combine the Karo syrup, brown sugar, vanilla, salt, and coconut oil in a small saucepan on medium heat. Cook until the sugar has dissolved and the coconut oil has melted.

Combine all of the oats, seeds, nuts, coconut, *raisins, (or dried cranberries), and cinnamon in a mixing bowl and combine well.

Pour the syrup mixture into the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon. Once you have mixed thoroughly, pour mixture into a large sheetcake pan lined with parchment paper. Place in a 300° oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Be sure to take out and stir the granola well every 15 mins.

Remove from oven and give a really good stir to remove any clumps. Be sure to let cool completely before storing in an airtight container. Enjoy possibly the best granola you have ever eaten in your life.

You can use any combination of nuts and seeds in this granola, my next batch I want to include pumpkin seeds and macadamia nuts.

*You might want to leave your raisins or cranberries out unit you've finished baking your granola. It makes them crunchy, although I like them crunchy.

3 comments:

  1. the granola looks and sounds good, haven't worked my way up to making yogurt yet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really interested in what you wrote here. This looks absolutely perfect. All these tinny details give me a lot of knowledge.
    holy food

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you Comment. Come back soon!