Monday, June 10, 2013

Grilled Pork Fajitas

Whenever I fix steaks or pork chops on the grill, I sometimes fix a couple extra so the next day I can dine on them cold (one of my favorites) or make Fajitas.

These Fajitas are easy to make and very tasty.  I am also gonna give you my secret recipe (not for long) for my Crematillo sauce I created. I just now  named it for purposes of this blog.  BTW, this sauce is amazing and great for parties.

Start by grilling your pork steaks, chops, or I even used Country Style Boneless Ribs for these.  After grilling, I refrigerate them and the next day slice them thin.  I use between 9 - 12 oz. I always season my grilled meat with Tony Chachere's and worcestershire sauce before grilling.


Next You'll need half an onion sliced in strips (see pic) and some red bell pepper.  I actually used my favorite little Mini Sweet Peppers (from Pero Farms, available at Walmart)  OK this is not a sponsored ad or the like, I just love these little peppers.  I eat them raw as a snack, and they are great in these Fajitas.  I used about 4 in this recipe.

I heat a little oil and 1 tbs of butter in a skillet, add butter, once the butter is melted, add a few cloves of finely minced garlic. Add your onions and peppers, and stir-fry the veggies till onions are starting to wilt a bit.  Add the meat to the pan and saute well.  I add a few shakes of worcestershire sauce and a sprinkle of Tony Chachere's.  When the meat is up to temp and the onions have started to brown, turn the eye off and let skillet rest for a bit.

Place a few forkfulls of these on some nice flour tortillas with a dollop or two of my sauce (you'll see the recipe below), and go to town.

You can make these spicier but adding a jalapeño pepper.  My Crematillo sauce is a bit spicy.  I made this up as a dip for parties and the people go APE over it.  Between it and my Jezebel Sauce I don't know which is more popular.  It's great on any mexican food and the recipe goes as follows.

Crematillo Sauce

12 oz Sour Cream
4 oz Cream Cheese (half block, softened warm)
1 can Rotel Tomatoes (add the liquid too)
1 tbs Vinegar
1 tsp Tony Chachere's
1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp Black pepper (I like coarse ground)
1 tbs Cilantro (minced)

Mix all and refrigerate 6 hrs before using.

OK, I know this is a Cajun and Creole food blog, but since I have relocated and am no longer in New Orleans I am trying to broaden the scope of this blog.  I hope you'll stick with me.  I have been swamped at work and been unable to post for a bit, but I have more recipes coming.  Enjoy your Fajitas!

1 comment:

Thanks for you Comment. Come back soon!