Monday, August 24, 2015

Remoulade Blanc or RouxBDoomoulade!

Freshly Berled Scrimps with Savory Remoulade Blanc
Hello friends, sorry I have been gone for so long.  I am staying on my "Low-Carb" diet and have now lost 50+ pounds (I have 90 to go).  I am loving coming up with new versions, of my old recipes, that will fit into my diet.  He's a simple one.

I love boiled shrimp and I can have as many as I need for satiety. I can't have red sauce or cocktail sauce though (too much sugar in the ketchup base).  So I remembered the white remoulade sauce like I have had in the past at Galatoire's.  This is my attempt to recreate one similar.  I hope you enjoy it.  I will be posting my low-carb gumbo soon, and you will love it!!!  Sorry again for my absence.

Remoulade Blanc

½ cup mayo
½ cup sour cream
1 tbs horseradish
1 tbs creole mustard
1 tsp Tony Chachere’s
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp black pepper
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbs Louisiana hot sauce

Combine all and chill for 1 hour.  Place 6 - 8 ounces of peeled, cold, boiled shrimp onto a bed of shredded lettuce.  Cover generously with sauce. Top with chopped parsley and a lemon wedge!

Stick with me, more to come soon!

RouxBDoo

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Tim. Keep up the good work. I imagine you feel better, have more energy and are loving your new body look!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you Comment. Come back soon!