Thursday, November 19, 2009

Easy, Creamy, Dreamy Biscuits

Since the holidays are coming up, and you'll have lots of opportunities to use all kinds of breads, I thought I'd give everyone my favorite biscuit recipe. This was given to my by my late Uncle Haskell Harkleroad. Technically he was my father's cousin, but I always referred to him as my uncle. He was a great cook and these are great biscuits.

I know some of you will be making all kinds of meats around the holidays like hams, turkeys, pork roasts, etc. and these biscuits are great biscuits to serve with them. Or you can also adorn them with the traditional toppings like bacon, sausage, or country ham. These are easy and delicious tasting. Thanks Hack for this recipe.

2 cups self rising flour
1 cup of heavy cream
pinch of salt

That's it, using a fork, mix it in a bowl, turn out onto a floured surface, knead it about 10 times, roll it out about a ½ - ¾ of an inch, cut into biscuit rounds.

Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet, and bake in a pre-heated oven @ 425º until brown on top, about 12 - 15 minutes. You can dab a little butter on top before baking, or brush them with butter after they come out of the oven.

Enjoy

RouxBDoo

1 comment:

  1. Biscuits are normally my enemy. But this recipe seems like an something for "Biscuits for Dummy's".

    Thanks for sharing your uncle's recipe.

    Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you Comment. Come back soon!