Wednesday, February 11, 2009

This months recipe Red Beans for Valentine's Day

I am reminded of the old poem...
"Beans, beans, the musical fruit,
the more you eat... you remember it.

Well I thought we'd make red beans the recipe of the month. I love red kidney beans seasoned with a lttle onion, celery, garlic, and smoked ham or sausage. Since red is a Valentine's Day color, and I don't know many pink Cajun foods, OK shrimp maybe, I felt that beans would be the food that provides the music of Love, well not quite. You know what I mean. HERE is my recipe. Enjoy

RouxBDoo

3 comments:

  1. Again a variation. Beans, beans good for you heart, the more you eat the more you .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim, this looks great! My SO sells building materials - can you say things are pretty bleak around here? I have always told people in this business it is either a red bean or red meat month. I will be making this very soon.
    Thanks,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tim, I made your red beans recipe today and it is excellent. I didn't change a thing but did add an extra teaspoon of kosher salt. I brought a little of it over to my Dad to share and he loved it too!
    Thank you,
    John Carlson

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you Comment. Come back soon!