Sunday, August 24, 2008

Steen's Pure Cane Syrup


I love Steen's Pure Cane Syrup.  I just recently discovered it in the last year, and I pick it up occaisionally and keep it on board.  I use it in my barbecue sauce recipe, on bread, biscuits, etc.  I even mixed a bit with some Creole Mustard to make a really tasty condiment.  


It is great to cook with, and not as dark as molasses.  Although I love molasses, they can be bitter sometimes.  Steen's is smooth, dark, and almost buttery.  You know, I don't make anything from these recommendations on this blog, I just want to pass these things along.  It is products like these that make New Orleans and Louisiana unique.  Enjoy Steen's and visit their WEBSITE.

1 comment:

  1. Steen's makes a nice cane vinegar, too, Timmy! If you can't find it let us know and we'll get some for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you Comment. Come back soon!