Tuesday, January 4, 2011

NOLA Restaurants

I was in my favorite town yesterday and thought I'd snap some pictures of some of New Orleans' great eateries. First is the K-Paul's Louisiana Kitchen. As most of you know Chef Paul Prudhomme is an institution of himself. One of his early credits was Commander's Palace in the Garden District. This restaurant pictured is his wonderful reastaurant on on Chartres Street in the French Quarter.

Next is one of the oldest restaurants in one of the oldest buildings in New Orleans, The Napoleon House. The Chartres Street building is 200 years old and was built by the then-mayor of New Orleans Nicholas Girod. He made an offer to Napoleon to hang out there during his exile. Good food, and be sure to try one of the Pimm's Cup cocktails while you relax in the city's quaintest courtyard.

Our final is Restaurant August. This is Chef John Besh's wonderful restaurant locaed in the Central Business Districton on Tchoupitoulas Street between Poydras and Canal. Chef Besh's August has won tons of awards and acclaim. Located in a beautiful, old, four story, brick building. He opened Restaurant August in 2001. Definitely worth your time when visiting New Orleans.

I love walking in New Orleans, and again I apologize for the picture quality but they are made with my cell phone's camera. All the more reason to go to New Orleans and see them for yourself.

RouxBDoo!

2 comments:

  1. I bet these are fantastic places to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in my favored online community yesterday and believed I'd snap some pics of several of New Orleans' superb eateries.
    I have play the wow for a long times and have some good advice for you to get the best World Of Warcraft Gold with goods ways, I also have the best ways for you of the Cheapest WOW Gold, please don't hesitate !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you Comment. Come back soon!